Aman’s extensive experience in qualitative and policy research includes working with patient groups and medical organisations across India involved in treatment and prevention of hepatitis C to build a ‘call for action’ to secure state and central government support for a campaign to build awareness, enhance diagnostics and provide treatment for hepatitis C. The project called for identifying and engaging with a wide variety of stakeholders including civil society organisations, activists, government officials and private enterprise.
Aman has worked on other qualitative and policy research projects for clients including the (UK) Department for International Development, Gilead, PhRMA, the World Bank and the World Health Organization.
Aman has also worked on developing and managing the implementation of an intercontinental media relations plan for the International AIDS Vaccine Initiative (IAVI). This body of work delivered communications designed to educate, inform, and promote support for the initiative to policy makers, public service leaders, and nongovernmental organisations across the world.
Aman has a thorough understanding and a technical knowledge of a wide range of clinical areas. He has a wealth of experience and a knack for keeping up-to-date with the latest innovations in technology and communications with special focus on digital and social media. His background in pharmaceuticals gives him a sound knowledge and understanding of how to realise the potential of the South and Southeast Asian healthcare markets for innovative products and technologies.
- providing global media outreach support to the ‘Women Delivers’ summit organised in Malaysia and attracting media from all key continents and media campaign to achieve worldwide media coverage
- leading a media and advocacy campaign to strengthen routine immunisation across states in India
- developing the creative communications campaign for awareness building for hepatitis C, launched across traditional and social media platforms and developing treatment guideline for hepatitis C with key members of the medical profession
- worked with the Indian National Liver Foundation, where he was instrumental in initiating the process of developing treatment guidelines on hepatitis C
Aman’s in-depth expertise about the pharmaceutical landscape of South and Southeast Asia comes from his work with a number of leading pharmaceutical companies in leadership roles in market and product development. His expertise includes brand building, as well as strategic internal and external communications to meet a wide range of business objectives.
- SE Asian healthcare markets
- product development
- brand building
- clinical and patient advocacy
- communications strategy
- horizon scanning for innovations in technology and communications
- Associate, Baird’s CMC
- Managing Partner at SPAG Asia – Strategic Partners Group Asia
- Partner – Eye Q
Aman Gupta was one of the first associates of Baird’s CMC. He is currently working as Managing Director at SPAG Asia which is an integrated communication, public relations and advocacy firm focused on delivering impact and value to its clients through research led and creative approach. Prior to working at SPAG Asia, he was founder & CEO of Imprimis Life, India’s first communications consultancy specialising in life sciences and health.