We now live in a world where social media has made it easy for people to share their views about anything. More than ever, the common man now has the power to influence perceptions about companies and brands. Key influencers and stakeholders, if mismanaged, have the power to sink your campaign based on one bad experience or false perception.
The co-owners of Baird’s CMC and our partners are a diverse and experienced group of professionals who have been (or still are) in each of the stakeholder groups that matter: activists, civil society, foundations, governments, pharmaceutical companies and politics.
We find it easy to talk to stakeholders about how they think, learn and interact.
Our greatest strength lies in our global team of experts – each a veteran in his or her particular field. Our combined expertise and on-the-ground knowledge can be drawn upon for projects in any part of the world. Our extensive experience means we can map and explain this landscape and help you to navigate it.
What we’ve done
- Mapping and workshops for researchers in the PopPov Initiative, a $100 million research and policy education programme on population policy funded jointly by the William & Flora Hewlett Foundation and six European governments
- Assessment of stakeholder responses to different pricing strategies designed to improve access to medicines in lower-income and middle-income countries for the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation and the Global Health CEO Roundtable
- A mapping exercise for a major pharmaceutical company that covered 27 countries in Africa, Europe (including the former CIS), South & South-East Asia and Australasia to inform its access strategies in HCV, support partnering activities and identify countries where there would be government and civil society support for pilot programmes
- In-depth stakeholder mapping in four African countries for the International Partnership on Microbicides. The work included identifying likely routes for collaboration with partners in both the private and civil society sectors
- Identifying stakeholders and interviewing them about likely interactions on the use of new technology in preventing HIV infections for the AIDS Foundation of Chicago in collaboration with the Naz Foundation India, the Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation and RAND. Funded by the Merck Foundation and the National Institutes of Health
- Identifying HIV stakeholders in Africa and Asia and mapping how they related to one another and to opinion leaders outside the two regions, for a major pharmaceutical company
- Helping a global pharmaceutical company focusing on HIV to help undertake a major revision of their stakeholder relations for a collaborative initiative on HIV treatment
- Assessment of stakeholder attitudes to the International AIDS Vaccine Initiatives and areas in which stakeholder relations could be improved