Angelle Kwemo, a native of Cameroon and an expert on issues related to Francophone Africa, is a highly experienced public affairs specialist based in the United States. Angelle worked for seven years in the US Congress as Legislative Director and Counsel for two members of Congress including Rep. Bobby L. Rush, Senior Member of the Energy and Commerce Committee. She was responsible for all healthcare, minorities and foreign affairs issues. In that capacity, Angelle worked on the passage of the Affordable Health Care legislation.
As lead staff on African issues, she also coordinated a seven member congressional delegation to Liberia, Ghana, South Africa and Morocco to look at education and health care issues in Africa. Her experience at this time equipped her with the skills required to advise global economic and political leaders effectively and lead a team in what is a high speed and highly pressurised environment.
Angelle is an internationally trained lawyer with a good understanding of the U.S. energy, agriculture, trade and foreign policies, as well as emerging economies in Asia and Africa.
Her specialties include:
- maternal health and reproductive rights for women (when she lived in Cameroon)
- empowerment of women (help to draft legislation) trade, Investment and business transactions
- trade, Investment and business transactions
- government relations and Advocacy, Communications and Public Relations, and global Issues
- corporate social responsibility
- building partnerships
- market access and business development