Dirk van Eeden is a senior communications consultant and former journalist with global experience in managing issues and litigation that affect his clients’ reputations. He garnered his experience over more than two decades in the biopharmaceutical industry.
Dirk’s skills as an expert media trainer, good writer and highly effective spokesperson has been proven over a decade as chief spokesperson for a Fortune 200 company. He works well under pressure on high-stakes issues and has a proven ability to anticipate stakeholder responses. He is known for his ability to sway opinion, also of highly critical audiences, and influencing outcomes.
Dirk has a law degree, which has proven invaluable in litigation support and managing issues in highly regulated industries. It also allows him to work well with lawyers and as part of a legal team. His extensive experience in the bio-genetics- and biopharmaceutical industries has created an affinity with scientific researchers and sensitivity to their professional concerns. Experience has taught him to communicate about highly technical issues in simple language that is effective in influencing public perspective.
Dirk is highly supportive of his clients, particularly when they are under personal pressure, and is available when they need him. He takes great care to prepare his clients emotionally and practically for public and media scrutiny.
- Senior communications consultant and former journalist
Areas of expertise:
- Health and development (both in industrialised and developing countries)
- Genetic- and biopharmaceutical science
- Legal and regulatory issues.
- Issues management at senior executive level
- Expertise in bio-pharmaceutical and genetic engineering communications and issues management
- Extensive experience in workshop design and facilitation
- Communications and issues management relating to intellectual property ownership worth tens of billions of dollars in the genetic engineering field.
- Communications relating to the spin-off of a Fortune 200 pharmaceutical company
- Turn-around of a large corporation’s adversarial relationships with key stakeholders.
Dirk has extensive experience working with large scale internationals, some of which belong to the Fortune 200 group.