A skilled and insightful business advisor, Simba Makoni takes a determined approach for clients when progressing commercial, governmental and non-governmental initiatives and partnerships in Eastern and Southern Africa.
Formerly Minister for Finance and Economic Development for the government in Zimbabwe, Simba has unique management, policy and international relations expertise gained from working at ministerial level. As a member of government, Simba was also involved in policy development for a range of portfolio’s including youth, culture, industry, energy and agriculture.
Simba specialises in development policy formation, political risk assessment, analysis of donor-government joint funding strategies, assessment of partnership potential against organisations’ objectives and strategic analysis of commercial and trade opportunities.
Simba founded, and is Managing Director, of the management consultancy Makonsult, based in Zimbabwe.
- Associate at Baird’s CMC
- Managing Director at Makonsult
- Insight into the political and commercial environments of Eastern and Southern Africa
- High level general management experience with expertise in strategic planning and risk assessment
- Policy, advocacy and international diplomacy expertise
- Assess potential for an investment bank expanding its business into neighbouring countries
- Assess economic and social impact of agro-industrial expansion on local communities
- Assist agro-industrial company improve its relations with host government
- Assist mining company improve its relations with host government
- Helping international development organisation establish relations with local business organisations