Gillian Waddell is one of the UK’s leading public relations consultants and has spent the past 25 years as head of two of the UK’s most pre-eminent agencies working with national and international companies and organisations on a myriad of communications projects.
Gillian worked as a journalist for national newspapers and publishing houses before joining the public relations industry, initially via Burson-Marsteller, and then via independent agencies that she has founded and developed as outstanding award-winning consultancies. Gillian has been responsible for many high profile and successful campaigns. Her ability to integrate strategic and creative thinking with decisive action and practical solutions, backed by extensive commercial experience, explains much of her success to some of the world’s most discerning and successful organisations.
Gillian has wide ranging professional expertise including brand positioning and corporate reputation management, marketing communications programmes, media strategies and programmes, and issues and crisis management. Gillian has recently completed a 5-year tenure as President of the Women in PR industry organisation, and was recently appointed a new PRCA Fellow. PRCA Fellowships recognise individuals who have made significant contribution to the business of public relations.
- Associate, Baird’s CMC
- Managing Director of Fuel PR International
- Identify, address and work to transform Proctor & Gamble reputational issues affecting commercial performance within Healthcare/Pharmacy Channel in the UK/Western Europe
- ‘Zero to Hero’ 12-year brand building work for ET Browne, and the development of a globally recognised iconic skincare range
- Developing/managing SCA’s brand strategies in 96 countries including 360° advocacy and stakeholders programmes
- High profile public education and media campaigns including issues such as smoking, junk food and obesity
Accys Technologies, Boots The Chemist, The Canadian Government, Danone, ET Browne, Now Foods, Procter & Gamble