Marta Dourado has over 25 years of experience in national and international communications projects, including training, strategic planning, stakeholder mapping and strategy, public relations, and crisis management. She has been working with members of the Baird’s CMC team for nearly 20 years, and is the Baird’s associate responsible for Brazil and Latin America. She is a founding partner of Fundamento Grupo de Comunicação, one of Brazil’s most respected communications companies.
Her experience includes overseeing activities in Brazil for Merck’s Hepatitis C programme which involved a 28 country analysis of barrier and challenges to improving Hep C treatment in key markets throughout the world. She has also coordinated an in-depth study on new treatments for HIV with opinion leaders in Brazil, Chile, Peru, Dominican Republic, and Argentina.
Marta began her career as public relations at the Office of the Governor of the State of São Paulo. Later, she worked as journalist for BBC radio and for the COI – Central Office of Information in London for three years. Returning to Brazil, she created Fundamento Corporate Communications, a multi-service agency, in 1990.
Today, Marta is responsible for the strategic supervision of communication projects to multiple audiences; research and analysis; crisis management projects, both in Brazil and in Latin American countries. She and the agency teams take on projects in sexual and reproductive health, health and across a wide range of commercial and public sectors, including entertainment, IT and finance.
Marta is one of the founders of ABRACOM (Brazilian Association of Communication Agencies) and a founding partner of ASEC (Association for Children’s Emotional Health). Besides a graduation in Communications, she also holds a BA in Psychology and works as a volunteer for children and teenagers’ mental health.
Marta speaks both Portuguese and Spanish as mother tongues. She has full working proficiency in English and basic proficiency in French
- Top-level networking with opinion leaders in Latin America
- Exclusive methodologies for strategic analysis and intelligence support for corporate communications planning
- Communication projects in Latin American countries, including communication risk and crisis management and communications training
- Coordination of in-depth study on new treatments for HIV with opinion leaders in Brazil, Chile, Peru, Dominican Republic, and Argentina
- Opinion audit with stakeholders in Brazil on how different diets are perceived to help client determine whether and how a new product should be launched in Brazil
- Consultancy and crisis management on how a global food company would avoid reputation damages in a situation of major product quality breach
- In-depth study on how the Brazilian subsidiaries of international corporations are interacting in digital environments
- Coordination of the communications strategy for Cialis in Brazil, including pre-marketing, launch and comm activities for eight years, engaging opinion leaders such as gynaecologists, urologists, psychiatrists, general practitioners, journalists and communities
Boehringer Ingelheim, Eli Lilly, Galderma, InterContinental Hotels Group, MasterCard, Masterfoods, Nokia, Procter & Gamble, Turner Broadcasting System, and Unilever, the Rockefeller Foundation, the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation
- Communication strategy
- Public relations
- Product launches
- Patient advocacy
- Issues Management
- Government Relations
- Associate, Baird’s CMC
- Founding partner of Fundamento Grupo de Comunicação