Dr. Ken Rabin has more than forty years of experience in public affairs, marketing communications and education. In addition to being an associate at Baird’s CMC, Ken is also a senior counsellor at Alert Media Communications, a young Polish firm. Ken is on the editorial boards of two leading academic journals in his field: The Journal of Health Communication and the Public Relations Review. He publishes articles and reviews on a wide range of market research and public relations topics. He is on the adjunct faculty of the graduate programme in public relations and corporate communications at New York University.
In healthcare, Ken’s areas of specialty include health policy and finance, HIV/AIDS, cardiovascular medicine, and genomics. He has worked with clients like Merck, Sirtex, L’Oréal, UNESCO, and the PhRMA Local American Working Group in Poland. Ken’s campaigns for various clients have won a Silver Anvil, Gold Quill, and the Big Apple Award of the New York Chapter of PRSA.
Before his current role, Ken was the executive vice president and director of international healthcare at Ruder Finn in Washington. During the course of his career, he has also been managing director of Burson-Marsteller’s worldwide healthcare practice, chairman of InterScience (a global healthcare PR company), executive vice president and director of healthcare at Hill & Knowlton, and director of public affairs at Squibb (now BMS). Prior to his foray into the corporate world, Ken was associate professor and director of the graduate public relations programme at American University in Washington.
- Associate, Baird’s CMC
- Senior Consultant at Alfa Communications
- Member of the editorial boards of the Journal of Health Communication and the Public Relations Review
- Adjunct professor in the NYU graduate public relations and corporate communications programme
Areas of expertise
- Public relations
- Marketing communications
- Health policy and finance
- Cardiovascular medicine, vaccines and infectious disease, oncology
- Strategic counsel on blending public policy, public relations, and marketing communications to achieve corporate and brand objectives in the healthcare industry
- Enjoyable and effective communications training for all levels of management
- Health communications knowledge and experience from more than 30 years work in this area
- Convening high-level working groups to produce policy reports and consensus statements on innovation in healthcare (Poland) and diagnosis and treatment of hypertension (global)
- Defusing a product crisis involving alleged contamination of sterile-packaged medical products (Poland)
Merck & Co, Inc, Sirtex, and the PhRMA Local American Working Group in Poland