Telephone: +33 6 8040 9267
Mina Volovitch was born in Egypt, has worked in the USA and now lives in France. She worked on major stakeholder mapping and engagement projects including with La Ligue Nationale du Cancer, one of the two most important cancer patient groups in France. She has worked on communications related to infectious diseases since the early 1970s. Mina began her career at Merck & Co where she spent seven years in the departments of advertising, marketing and finally, as director of communications.
Following Merck, Mina joined the Mérieux Institute in 1975 (the vaccine company – today Sanofi Pasteur) where she served as their Director of Communications. In 1987 she created Mynecom, a specialist healthcare communications agency, which she sold to Ruder Finn in 1998. Since this point, she has been directing the Paris office of Ruder Finn. In 2004, she made a decision to shift her focus to primarily providing strategic guidance on European strategic initiatives.
Over the course of her career, Mina has run national and global professional and patient communications programs. In addition, Mina managed many situations requiring issues management in the areas of vaccines, pharmaceuticals and related healthcare products.
Mina’s areas of expertise include AIDS, oncology, cardiology, immunology, infectious diseases treatment, vaccines, medical devices and biotechnology. Her experience includes
- Sanofi Pasteur and AMP (Agence de Médecine Préventive) EPIVAC programme and media activities on Yellow Fever, paediatric vaccines
- Counsel Communications for ANRS (Agence nationale de Recherche sur le Sida) – National Agency for AIDS
- La Ligue Nationale du Cancer (one of the two most important patient group dedicated to oncology) – Cancer National League
- BMGF and Polio eradication programme for Sanofi Pasteur
Mina has more than 20 years experience in healthcare communications, including
- communications strategy in public health in Europe and emerging countries
- crisis management guidance: strategy, tools, media activities with top healthcare journalists in France
- crisis preparedness and prevention: create procedures, establish crisis committees, manage crisis committees for large pharmaceutical companies
- crisis management areas of expertise: vaccines, and treatment, infectious diseases (AIDS), pandemic situation, Flu, supply issues, side effects
- communication strategy in emerging economies
- patient advocacy
Mina speaks Arabic, English and French
- Bristol Myers-Squibb
- 3M Pharmaceuticals
- Sanofi Pasteur
- The French Cancer Society
- Organisations including the National League Against Cancer (largest French patients group), the National Agency of Research on Aids (part of the French National Research Institute – INSERM), the Mérieux Foundation, the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, GAVI and IAVI.
- Partner at Baird’s CMC
- Member of the Communications working group at the National League Against Cancer