Alain is a French citizen, born in Lyon. He has more than 30 years of experience in the pharmaceutical industry where he pursued an international career, holding positions of growing responsibilities in one of the top big pharmaceutical companies in the world.
A scientist by training, he also holds a MBA degree and has evolved from Commercial and General Manager positions (Spain, Colombia, Argentina, Andean Pact Region) to head of HR for International markets and eventually to Head of Global Communications of -Sanofi Pasteur, the 16,000 employees vaccines division of Sanofi . He held this position for twelve years, period during which he was also a member of the Company’s Executive Committee.
He is fluent in French, English and Spanish and has managed multicultural and international teams all along his professional life.
For the last ten years, Alain has also been contributing to various foundations and associations, often as a member of their Board. Given his experience, he is regularly requested to provide guidance in the communications strategy of those not-for-profit organizations.
His areas of expertise are : Executive communications (CEO in particular), Image and Reputation, Crisis management, Internal communication, Product communication and Finance.
Alain enjoys practicing sports, discovering new cultures and ideas and riding his motorcycle. He is a widow and has three children aged 25 to 31. He spend his time between Lyon (France) and Barcelona (Spain).
- Focused on added value creation and agility
- Helicopter vision: able to switch from global vision to action plans
- Open minded, enjoy building and developing teams, projects and activities
- Curious, flexible and benevolent
Competencies & Skills
- Vaccination specialist
- Strategic thinking capabilities developed as member of high level executive committees for over 20 years
- Wide scope of functional expertise: general management, human resources and communications at various organization level (country, region, business unit and corporate
- Remote management capabilities and used to working in matrix organizations
- Strong experience in crisis management
- Ability to deal with media