Pretoria, South Africa
From 2002 to 2014 Danie was the Head of SAP Research in Pretoria, South Africa. He was responsible for its establishment – the first multi-national ICT research facility in Africa – in collaboration with the South African Department of Science and Technology. SAP Research Pretoria focus its research on new business opportunities for SAP linked to appropriate technologies for emerging economies. It similarly, in terms of its collaboration agreement with the SA Government, contributes to advanced human capital development, whilst also studying the impact technology (ICT) can have on socio-economic development.
In 2012 he established his own consultancy and is, active in the areas of communication, public affairs, fundraising, transformation, market research, strategic planning, blended learning, innovation, research and child witness research and training.
During his career he also lead a team that raised R9m for Namibia independence celebrations and managed the acquisition and delivery of 11 tons of miniature Namibian flags to every school child in the country in less than a month; served as member of Technology Advisory Boards (ICT) at two leading SA universities; successfully managed his own consultancy from 1998 – 2001; actively participated in efforts to facilitate transformation in SA – in the private and public sector; reviewed ICT projects in South Africa for the EU; and introduced blended learning to Deaf students at the National Institute for the Deaf (NID) in Worcester, South Africa.
- Associate at Baird’s CMC
- Independent consultant – in association with IBFN (Pty) Ltd, Neil Butcher and Associates (NBA), Infusion Knowledge Hub, IMC AG and The Human Capital Engine in areas of communications, education and training, innovation and research, strategy, transformation and market research.
Areas of expertise – collective
- Programme and project management
- Strategic and communication planning and management
- Technology in education and training
- Research and innovation management
- Market research
- Networking in South Africa
- Fund raising
- Organisational transformation
- Developed and managed communication strategies for 3 universities – including crisis communication during turbulent times in SA and Namibia
- Managed various technology implementation projects in education (blended learning)
- Managed numerous research project for the development of ICT appropriate to a developing context
- Initiated various transformation projects in organisations
- Participated in major market research projects for Deaf learning, and technology enhanced learning
- Examples of current and past clients – Belgium Campus ITversity, National Institute for the Deaf (NID), Institute for Child Witness Research and Training, North West and Western Province Departments of Education, Medical University of South Africa (Medunsa), City of Windhoek and the Foundation on Justice for Child Witnesses.