Now an established communications consultant, she advises clients on the full spectrum of communications and marketing, including public affairs, reputation management and positioning, internal change and engagement as well as new media. She covers financial services, technology, oil and gas, retail, environment and luxury travel.
Denise is also the founder of MagnaCarta Public Relations, an agency specialising in the ever evolving payments industry. Clients include Visa, OpenWay Group, Cardis International, RS2 Software, Enterprise Ireland and John Lewis Partnership among others.
She has been instrumental in the establishment of the Financial Services Practice for Baird’s CMC and is a founder member of the South African Chamber of Commerce, UK. She also presents training courses in communications and PR strategy on behalf of two international training organisations.
- Associate at Baird’s CMC
- Founder and Director of MagnaCarta Public Relations
Areas of expertise:
Strategy development and positioning, communications and reputation management, public relations, public affairs, change and engagement, research and analysis, issues and crisis management, social media strategy.
- Strategic positioning and new market entry in Europe, Middle East and Africa.
- Communication support and networking with key opinion formers across the payment industry, including retail banking, merchant and card/mobile technology providers.
- Tactical support with corporate identity, branding, events and other marketing initiatives
- Conducted the first survey into the use of Social Media in Payments followed by The Social Media in Payments Report 2012, which was introduced at an exclusive workshop in London.
- Positioned Cardis International as a serious force in low value payment – starting out with branding and corporate positioning, marketing collateral and a sustained communications campaign including media relations, thought leadership, viral marketing, event participation (eg Cartes 2012);
- Developed a full review of RS2 Software business and marketing strategy in their target markets – including website redesign and product repositioning.
- Working with Enterprise Ireland to offer social media consultancy and strategic global positioning for their financial technology members;
- Handled communications for a global programme to transform HR systems and process affecting more than 50,000 BP employees in the UK, US and other parts of the world as 230 different and unconnected systems were moved to a single SAP-based HR system with self-help web-based tools, requiring major behavioural shifts;
- Managed the corporate communications function for Visa International’s Central and Eastern Europe, Middle East and Africa, spearheading a reputation programme which included financial literacy programmes across the region;
Visa International, BP, Centrica, Pinnacle PR, B&Q, NHS, John Lewis Partnership, Hall Hunter Partnership, RS2 Software Group, Payments Cards and Mobile, Enterprise Ireland, Sysnet Global Systems, Provenir UK, E.Life, among others.