Marion Zibelli and Ernest Aibar form a consulting team based in Barcelona, Spain, with a 10-year experience providing intelligence, guidance and assistance to public-private partnerships, international foundations and private businesses working in the field of global health for the design and implementation of policy, advocacy and communication projects principally aimed at increasing their profile and fulfilling their goals in specific environments.
Our work principally consists in producing policy and stakeholder analysis and developing advocacy projects, to help our clients increase their understanding of the specific environments where they want to have an impact and keep abreast of the evolving challenges and opportunities that they will meet there. In particular, we have been working with a number of global public-private product development partnerships developing new treatments, vaccines, and preventive and diagnostics tools for HIV/AIDS and TB to help them develop alliances with other research and CSO groups, mobilize resources from the Spanish government and introduce their model and added value in Spain.
In addition to this work, we collaborate on a regular basis with Baird’s CMC, producing intelligence and strategic guidance for pharmaceutical companies willing to accelerate the approval and facilitate the uptake of new pharmaceuticals and vaccines worldwide, and participating in the development of market studies and stakeholder mappings for the private and non-for-profit sectors. Concretely, we have contributed to international research and analysis on vaccine approval and reimbursement processes, potential KOLs for pneumococcal vaccine, stakeholder mapping for meningitis vaccine, support groups mapping for rare diseases, hep C stakeholder mapping, initial market research on Alzheimer, strategic guidance on third-party engagement on HIV/AIDS.
- Intelligence gathering, including mappings
- Strategic analysis and guidance
- Advocacy, Public relations, Resource mobilization & Project management
International AIDS Vaccine Initiative (IAVI), International Partnership for Microbicides (IPM), Global Advocacy for HIV Prevention (AVAC), Aeras, FIND Diagnostics, Global Alliance for TB Drug Development (TB Alliance), Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, GAVI Alliance, Sanofi, Novartis, Pfizer, ViiV & BMS.
- Consulting for the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation in Spain on policy, advocacy and communication issues related to global health, agriculture, financing products and water and sanitation
- Design and implementation of advocacy project to raise profile of Product Development Public Private Partnerships (TB drugs, vaccines and diagnostic tools, HIV vaccines, microbicides)
- Guidance and assistance to Barcelona TB Research Unit and Spanish Association of Lung Disease
- Principal market studies in Spain and at global scale: Study on vaccine approval and reimbursement processes in Spain.
- International study on vaccines access and uptake; comprehensive HCV stakeholder mapping, des research and two series of telephone interviews on HCV treatment provision in Spain
- Policy Research on the future of European ODA (covering the section on Spain)., Assistance to management of GAVI new donors project.