Marta Dourado has over 25 years of experience in national and international communications projects, including strategic planning, public relations, and crisis management. At Baird’s CMC, Marta handles most of the research work for the firm in South America, aggregating local intelligence, helping to interpret how global products will be perceived, and assessing the potential impact. She takes on projects across sectors: consumer, business-to-business, culture and entertainment, and health.
Marta is also the creator of Fundamento in Brazil, an agency specialising in communications that works with a varied group of clients within the broader framework of public relations. Fundamento, founded in 1990, has grown to become one of the most important firms in this market.
Over the span of her career, Marta has worked for the Cabinet of the Sao Paulo State Governor, at the Anhembi-Morumbi University, as the communications manager for the Sperry-Vickers (currently Unisys) group, and as an announcer and journalist for BBC radio and the Central Office of Information in London.
She is currently the director of finance at ABRACOM (Brazilian Association of Communication Agencies) and a founding partner of ASEC (Association for Children’s Emotional Health)
- Associate at Baird’s CMC
- Founder and CEO of Fundamento
Areas of expertise: Communications; research and analysis; crisis management; public relations
- Top-level networking with opinion leaders in Latin America;
- Exclusive methodologies for strategic analysis and intelligence support for corporate communications planning
- Communication projects in Latin American countries, including communication risk and crisis management and communications training
- Coordination of in-depth study on new treatments for HIV with opinion leaders in Brazil, Chile, Peru, Dominican Republic, and Argentina
- Opinion audit with stakeholders in Brazil on how different diets are perceived to help client determine whether and how a new product should be launched in Brazil
- Consultancy and crisis management on how a global food company would avoid reputation damages in a situation of major product quality breach
- In-depth study on how the Brazilian subsidiaries of international corporations are interacting in digital environments
- Client examples: Boehringer Ingelheim, Eli Lilly, Galderma, InterContinental Hotels Group, MasterCard, Masterfoods, Nokia, Procter & Gamble, Turner Broadcasting System, and Unilever